Reopening Fall 2020
The Rye City School District, like all other school districts in the state of New York, is engaging in the planning process for the 2020-2021 school year in consideration of the COVID-19 pandemic. The RCSD has established a Reopening Task Force: a group of administrators, teachers, parents, students, support staff, community members, and outside experts whose guiding principle is to define a safe, operationally-sound, and high-quality instructional program with a structured, consistent day for our students.
The Reopening Task Force is working hard to meticulously craft a reopening plan for September that includes clear expectations for students and staff. The Task Force is focusing on four key areas: Instructional, Operational, Social-Emotional, and Communication. Using models from across the globe and in the United States, the Task Force is analyzing successful school openings and remote programs to design the RCSD's reopening plan.
As we plan for the reopening of our schools, we believe it is important that the community be aware of our efforts at the District and individual school levels, our work local health departments, recommendations from the New York State Department of Health and the CDC, and our compliance with New York State Education Department requirements. All District re-opening communications will be archived here for your reference. Please check-in often to stay up-to-date.
- NYS Department of Health (DOH) - Interim Guidance for in-person instruction: July 13, 2020
- NYSED School Reopening FAQs – July 22, 2020
- NYSED Reopening Guidance: July 17, 2020
- NYSED Presentation to the Board of Regents"Recovering, Rebuilding, and Renewing: the Spirit of New York’s Schools Reopening Guidance": July 13, 2020
- COVID-19 Information from the New York State Education Department (NYSED)